A National Leader in Education
The University of Florida has earned a strong reputation as an excellent higher education institution both nationally and internationally. Read some of the reasons why UF is so highly regarded.
- As a Tier 1 institution, UF is consistently ranked in the nation’s top universities
- UF is ranked number 14 in U.S. News & World Report “Top Public Universities, 2013″
- The University of Florida is recognized as a Top National University and the College of Pharmacy is rated as one of the top pharmacy schools in the nation by U.S. News and World Report (2012).
- Among the U.S. News and World Report rankings, UF is the highest-ranked pharmacy school offering a nontraditional Pharm.D. online or via distance-learning.
- UF ranked number 3 on Kiplinger’s “Best Values in Public Colleges” (2013)
- UF ranked number 15 on Forbes list of best public universities (2013)
- UF has more than 367,000 alumni, located throughout the world.
Member of the Association of American Universities (AAU)
The Association of American Universities (AAU) is a invitation-only association of 63 leading public and private research institutions in the United States and Canada. To receive an invitation to join the AAU, a school must have high quality programs of academic research and scholarship and be on the leading edge of innovation.
The University of Florida is the only Floirda university that belongs to the AAU, and is a member because it is:
- A leader in research and discoveries, receiving more than $574 million in research awards in 2008-2009
- Ranked first in master’s degrees and second in bachelor’s degrees awarded to Hispanic students in 2013
- Ranked second among AAU public universities in doctoral degrees awarded to African American students in 2008-2009
- The University of Florida has nearly 4,000 faculty members with distinguished records in teaching, research, and service
- 37 Eminent Scholar chairs, and 42 faculty elections to the National Academy of Sciences, Engineering, the Institute of Medicine, or the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- Awards include a Fields Medal, two Pulitzer Prizes, NASA’s top award for research, and Smithsonian Institution’s conversation award.